Friday, October 17, 2008

Level 36/40 Party, Purgonorgo Isle

We had a pretty good day today. Amedelie had to log off earlier than normal due to previous obligations, and because we still had an Empress Band working on us from our previous trip to Purgonorgo Isle, we had to gear up quick and get out there to not waste it. I decided to put Monk back on the shelf again...with our trio, it just wasn't working as well as I'd liked. This left me with a bit of a dilemma...I was really wanting to try Purgonorgo Isle again, but I had to find a job that was at least 35 to do it with. In the end, I decided to blow the dust off of my level 40 Paladin and take that out again. It's been quite a while since I touched Paladin as well (though not nearly as long as Monk), so it took me a minute to get my gear lined up; I had shit spread out all over Vana'Diel. Working at a manic pace, I got my shit together, refreshed my signet, flagged down our friendly neighborhood telewhore yet again (we really need to get on a punch card program with her or something lol), and we were off...

Ran out to Bibiki Bay, and we had a few minutes while we waited for the boat to arrive, so we synced to Amedelie at 36 and started working on Efts, Ravens, and a Gob that decided he wanted to run up on Almeth in a rage. It actually worked out well, as we spent the remaining portion of our Empress Bands just before the boat arrived. As it was pulling in, Almeth noticed the fabled red "Disconnect" symbol next to Amedelie's name. Almeth and I sprinted on the boat, hoping that Amedelie would get back online in time to make it...but the game decided to give Ame the finger yet again, by allowing her to log in just in time to see the boat gleefully pull away from the shore. Almeth and I arrived at Bibiki Bay, and relaxed on the dock while we waited for Amedelie to catch the next boat.

Once Amedelie finally arrived, we got down to business. Since we were syncing to Amedelie at 36, and not me at 34, it was much easier then last time. We got our strategy worked out, popped a fresh Empress Band, and Almeth ran out to pull. Our Empress Bands wore just as Amedelie needed to leave, so that worked out perfect. After Amedelie dipped out, Almeth and I duo'd for a bit before calling it an evening ourselves. All told, we all got a level (Amedelie's Dancer to 37, Almeth's Thief to 43, and my Paladin to 41) so we were all happy with that. All in all, it was a pretty good night...



This place reminds me of that movie, The Beach...I can almost hear that Moby song playing in the background. :)



"Oh my God, Almeth, it's charging! RUUUUUNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!"



Sure, they look cute, but they're not so cute when they're trying to eat your fucking soul...



I guarantee you my next words were, "Holy fuck, my eye!!!"



Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight! Get down tonight!

No comments: